Small Goal

My accomplishments with the mean old scale....

Friday, September 30, 2011

anxiety and other feelings

So I am slowly recovering. My appointment went well with one of my surgeons. He said I am healing well and that I should expect swelling for a couple weeks. He also believes the swelling is from the hernia repair site and not so much the lapband site. He said between the two repairs I will be tight for a couple more weeks. He said to keep up whatever foods that I could get in and if I tightened up more to let them know asap. I was suppose to go in to the hospital here and go on IV if I tightened up too much... They did not want me dehydrating as badly as I was prior to surgery...

I am becoming very bored with the foods I can get down.. I had an ensure drink and it literally cleaned me out for 3 days.. So that is no good... When I have my mashed potatoes I can get in about an 1/8th of a cup of them runny. Same as the cream of wheat. I was brave and added a tiny bit of white fish to my mashed potatoes and that was ok. I still can not eat or drink after 830 pm or in the early morning.. It is now 10:30 and I am just trying to get some juice down now..... Taking baby steps I am... I really want some new food ideas I am going crazy and getting bored with what I can have now....

I am starting to feel I don't know how to describe it. I want to go back to work but do not have the energy, so that would not be good. I am feeling kind of sad and upset.... Maybe cabin fever I do not know. Today I just want to cry. Not sure what is going on. My husband's job is stressful right now and I am feeling it. So much going on. Hockey, figure skating and so on... Hope it is just how I woke up and it will be good after lunch.

On another note I have started a youtube account. I am going to try video blogging. My account is bandsterjourney there as well.

Hope everyone is doing well....

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your video blogging.

    I will look back on your past post later tonight so that I will know what is going on with you.(I'm assuming you had hernia surgery but I will go back and read)(I'm a new follower and blogger)

    Just try to keep hydrated so suck on ice chips if you have to and just keep sipping water, etc.

    Are you taking vitamins? That's important.(grabbing mine now)

    Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... I hope you get to feeling better overall. I know it can take a toll on you mentally. Just hang in there. You'll get better physically. ((HUGS)) As for the blah on the liquid foods, I'm sorry... I have no ideas. I hated it when I had to do 24 hr liquids for a fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I hope you start feeling better soon. I haven't read through your whole blog yet but wanted to ask, did you have other symptoms of a slipped band prior to the incredible stomach pain you had just before your emergency surgery? I'll go back and read but I'm so glad you're alright and I'll be following from here out. :)

    ReplyDelete